Basic Redboot Configuration

Hi,
How to make Redboot with just Ethernet support. This is for XScale board.
I took a very basic Redboot Configuration(just Serial Port support) and
added
CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS, CYGPKG_NET packages. But when i did
'ecosconfig check', it tell me that i should add CYGPKG_KERNEL pkg.
Is there any way just to add Ethernet support into redboot without adding
KERNEL package?

Thanks in Advance,
Venkat