Re: ARM Assabet software interrupts

Vlasios Tsiatsis <tsiatsis@ee.ucla.edu> writes:
> I would like to define an interrupt handler (ISR and DSR) for a software
> interrupt for the ARM processor on the assabet board.
> If i use the cyg_interrupt_create() function what should i do so that i
> install an interrupt
> handler for, say, the software interrupt #5 ?
> My problem is that i don't understand (i haven't looked at the source
> code yet) how the demultiplexing of software interrupts is done. Should
> i give the number 5 as the interrupt handler data to the
> cyg_interrupt_create() function ?

ARM SWIs (software interrupts) are not treated as interrupts in eCos - they
are exceptions.

"Interrupts" refers to hardware interrupts, IRQ and FIQ.  eCos does not use
FIQ.  The interrupt numbers refer to different interrupt sources.  For the
assabet and other SA11x0 targets, these are listed in
        hal/arm/sa11x0/var/VERSION/include/hal_var_ints.h

We don't use SWIs because there is no separation between "OS" and
"application" - eCos applications are fully linked, and run in a
priviledged mode throughout.

	- Huge