Re: Thumb

Rafael,

>   I think I have read that there are some problems with thumb support
>and eCos.
>   Can anybody tell me where the problem is?
>   Is the problem within gcc?

There are a couple of problems:

1. It doesn't seem to be possible to build a Thumb-supporting version of
gcc that is compatible with eCos under cygwin. So if you want to develop
thumb code you must use Linux as your host platform at this time.

2. There is a bug in (probably) gcc at the moment; while compiling eCos, it
generates some code that can't be assembled.

If you are willing to work under Linux and you don't mind having the OS run
in ARM mode (your application is the only thing in thumb mode, in other
words) then it is possible to make a hybrid executable. The main issue here
is that all the standard libraries and eCos itself need to be compiled with
the -mthumb-interwork switch.

Issue 1 is a show-stopper for me at the moment, so I can't investigate it
further.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."