Re: ROM startup on EP7212

Hi Fano,

> > Does the DIAG LED come on when you hit the wakeup button?
>
>Yes it does. However I've noticed that it does only if I switch off and switch
>on the board before doing the "ureset wakeup" (if the boards remains
>switched on and I do several "ureset wakeup", then only the first and
>sometimes second ones make the DIAG come on.

This is some artifact of the Cirrus board. I haven't bothered to look into
this issue extensively (because it just didn't seem that important) but I
think the state of the boot jumper is only read on powerup or hard reset
(NOT user reset). My two EDB7212s are both a bit flaky/recalcitrant about
being re-flashed, quite often it seems to "tire" the board and I need to
leave it off for a few minutes before the board will work again.

>No this example doesn't make the buzzer work, although the diag led turns on.

Then your code is probably never getting to main. Maybe you could email me
the compiled .exe (not the .bin) and I could have a quick look at it?

Also, did you change the CPU variant to EP7212? (Not that it seems to make
any difference).

>What date your version of ecos is?

I have built ROM-startup binaries (working, of course) using the 1.3.1
release and also using CVS, the most recent CVS checkout date for which
I've tested ROM startup is 2001-02-28.

>just wanted to add some tracing (simple printf calls) to check on the
>hyperterminal  how far the application on the board is going? but couldn't.

There's a deep problem here, control doesn't seem to be passing to your
program. Put a write to one of the GPIO ports as the first thing in main()
and see if the chip's pin changes state to absolutely confirm this.

Weren't you also the person having troubles writing to LCD frame buffer
memory? That was also a bizarre one.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."