Re: License restrictions

Robert Ritchey wrote:

> How do the licenses for Linux and eCos intertwine, if at all.  If I wanted
> to use a
> driver in Linux as a starting point for an eCos driver is there a problem
> with that?
> What restrictions do I need to be aware of?  Thanks.

If you own the copyright you can change the licence is you see fit. However
if you use code from someone else (i.e. with their copyright), then you
have to follow the terms of the licence, be it GPL or RHEPL.

So if *you* write it, you can use it in either. But if it contains anybody
elses code, it will be incompatible with the other unless the "anybody
else" explicitly allows for it (e.g. if they put their code in the public
domain (in the legal sense)).