Re: Porting Result of eCos on NEC DDB-VRC4375

>> > After several weeks porting and testing, eCos finally can run on
>> my new
Ling> NEC
>> > VRC4375 board in little endian mode. I am not sure if any body
>> need it, > anyway, please let me know if you want to use VRC4375
>> board with eCos.  > Compared to vrc4373 board, this board is newer,
>> and the porting work
Ling> just
>> > limits on the platform dependent part.
>>
>> Congratulations! I'm glad that it's finally worked out for you. Did
>> you have to change much from the vrc4373? And what were the
>> solutions to the problems you were having?

Ling> Actually I am still have problem to build a GDB stub based on
Ling> the new CVS tree. I worked that out by using the eCos-1.3.1
Ling> distribution (adding vrc4375 package) to build a working stub
Ling> and then using the CVS tree for applicition library building. I
Ling> didn't changed much from vrc4373, but since I can not get PMON
Ling> source code from NEC after several times asking, I have to find
Ling> out the differences from 4375's datasheet. The major difference
Ling> is the SDRAM power-up sequence.

PMON is available from here: http://www.carmel.com/pmon/index.html

Dunno if they have the relevant NEC changes though.

Jesper