Re: Which packages are needed for networking?

Hi Bart,

> And quoting from the TCP/IP documentation at
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/tcpip/tcpip.3.html#pgfId=1133601
>
> "In general, using the networking code may require definition of two
> symbols: _KERNEL and __ECOS. _KERNEL is not normally required; __ECOS

Ouf. And I thought I had read the introductory portions of the documentation
carefully. Sorry about that, and thanks for the analysis :)

>      Usage: ecosconfig [ qualifier ... ] [ command ]
>     commands are:
>       list                                       : list repository contents
>   <snip>

If you imagine the packages as being in a tree (like the tree control in the
graphical configtool) then ecosconfig list gives a "trunk" without dependency
descriptions or sub-options.

I guess what I'm really looking for boils down to "the graphical configuration
tool". I think I will run the graphical tool on my Windows desktop system here so I
can refer to things and know how to drive my Linux dev box. It gives me a better
idea of the relationship of the various packages.

> packages and targets in the current system. Alternatively you can look
> at the ecos.db file in any text editor, since that is where the
> information comes from.

Right, that is where I look now. I then need to go down into the sub-files in order
to extract some of the "implicitly adds xxx..." type info though.

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)              * Linux system
Work:     http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.larwe.com/ and http://www.zws.com/