Re: Moving serial processing into ISR..

"David Airlie" <David.Airlie@parthus.com> writes:

> Has anyone ever moved the serial processing for a driver from the DSR into
> the ISR, and if so has anyone got any examples of this, or a quick note on
> what not do to do while trying this ..

If you need this than I guess you have a dumb UART without FIFO and loose
characters at speeds higher than 9600 bps ... I had once to deal with such a
problem. My solution implemented a software FIFO (aka ring buffer) shared
between the ISR and the DSR; the ISR just took characters out of the UART data
register and added them to the ring (about 12 MIPS instructions) while the DSR
performed the rest of the work.

HTH

Robin