Re: Networkdebugging on i386

On Thu, 01 Feb 2001 15:46:04 +0100
Christian Plessl <cplessl@ee.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> Some days ago I've already made a posting to check whether somebody
> succeded in adapting RedBoot to i386.

Yep.

> I'm mainly interessted in debugging remotely via ethernet. RedBoot should
> give me that option, does it?

Yep.

> So, did anybody manage to build RedBoot for i386? I suppose it needs some
> work in the "obscure" virtual vector code (what ever this is, I could not
> figure out this yet...)

Yep.

> If it is not easy to get running RedBoot, is there an alternative for
> adding network debugging support for gdb?

Well, I did get RedBoot running for x86 and I did a port of the intel
pro 100 ethernet driver for x86 too  so i did debug with ethernet.

I made some patches that you should find in the archive. But they're two
monthes old at least and haven't maintened them since them and i've seen
quite a few changes in the CVS since then so there maybe some works.

If you can't find the patches or the URL to those patches, i can send
the patches that I have left on my hard drive..

> Thanks in advance for any hint!

Y're welcome.

Fabrice

--