alarm

  Hi,I have some questions regarding the alarm trigerring.

-will the alarm be triggered after the completion of its thread?
 If for example the execution of a thread lasts 30 ticks and I want to
initialize the alarm to trigger every 50 ticks and invoke a function,will
the alarm work on this case?or it is valid only during the execution of
the thread in which it has been created?

 Actually I would like to know if the architecture I want to write is
feasible or not.I want this:

 i have 2 threads(i have chosen bitmap scheduler) with different
priorities.Assuming that thread1 lasts for 30 ticks and thread2 for 40
ticks,I want to execute from the beginning again each thread.So I want to
run thread1 every 70 ticks and thread 2 every 100 ticks.I do not care if
these threads have completed their execution .I just want to restart them
every  x ticks.
 I had in mind that setting an alarm inside these 2 threads and
initializing it to trigger every multiple of the above period could be a
possible solution.So,for example the alarm in thread1 would be trigger
every 100 ticks and would invoke the function(let's say) alarm_func1 which
would kill and resume thread2.The same with the alarm in thread2.

 But I did it and it does not seem to be feasible.
 What am I doing wrong?Is such an application possible with ecos?

  Thank you.