Re: RedBoot serial rx interrupts

On 13-Jan-2001 Grant Edwards wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 08:17:26AM -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:
>>
>> On 12-Jan-2001 Grant Edwards wrote:
>> >
>> > I've got RedBoot running fine without network support.  It's
>> > using polled serial I/O: the individual serial Rx interrupts
>> > are unmasked but the global interrupt mask is set.
>> >
>> > [Why are interrupts being unmasked when polled I/O is being
>> > used?]
>> >

>> It should not.  Where are you seeing this [which file/line]?
>
> hal/common/src/hal_if.c line 419 (at end of hal_ctrlc_isr_init()).
>
> I suspect this appears to be happening because
> CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR == 0 (because CYG_HAL_STARTUP == RAM ?)

You should _not_ have the options required to include this code set.
The options CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT and CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT
should only be enabled for "normal" eCos applications.

>> Are you sure about all of these questions?  RedBoot absolutely _never_
>> touches interrupts.  The only time interrupts are used is by eCos
>> applications.
>
> I'm going to try to force CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR to 1, to see
> what happens.
>
> I there a list of what the values for all of the configuration flags
> need to be in order for RedBoot to work?

The best/simplest way is to use the template.
  % ecosconfig new PLATFORM redboot
  % ecosconfig tree

This will build a RAM based RedBoot, without any special drivers, for
the given platform.  Once you have the pieces in place, you can add
FLASH and NET support like this:
  % ecosconfig add flash

  % ecosconfig add eth_drivers