RE: RedBoot

The problem seems to be that the driver in RedBoot (eCos) can't get at the
ESA for your board.  It is supposed to do this by accessing some NVRAM on
the board and then digging it out of a data structure kept by EPPCbug.  If
eCos can't find the address, it falls back to a hard coded one which is
  0x08 0x00 0x3E 0x28 0x79 0xB8

Did you build this RedBoot?  Can you?  If so, perhaps we can debug the
NVRAM code and figure out why it works for me but not for you.

On 23-Dec-2000 Anthony Massa wrote:
> Gary - thanks for the offer, sorry I took this long to respond, but this is
> the first chance at running something on my hardware platform.  I have
> attached two different dumps.  The first one is with BOOTP enabled.  The
> second is with a static IP address of 192.168.0.5.  I also did a "ping" from
> my Windows NT workstation which received a reply from my MBX board.  That is
> shown in the second dump as well.
>
> Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
>
> When I do a NIOT command under eppcbug I get the following information
> Controller LUN: 20
> Device LUN: 00
> Address: FA200A00
> P-Address: 192.168.0.5
> H-Address: 08 00 3E 27 5A DC
>
> ============================
> START OF FIRST DUMP - WITH BOOTP ENABLED
>
> RedBoot(tm) debug environment - built 09:50:42, Dec 17 2000
> Platform: Motorola MBX (PowerPC 860)
> Copyright (C) 2000, Red Hat, Inc.
>
> RAM: 0x00000000-0x00400000
> FLASH: 0xfe000000 - 0xfe080000, 8 blocks of 0x00010000 bytes each.
> Ethernet send:
> 0x00004A44: FFFF FFFF FFFF 0800  3E28 79B8 0800        |........>(y...  |
This is the ESA, but not the correct one for your board.  This is why the
BOOTP setup does not work.