Re: ecos package admin tool

Hi mekala

   i used the prebuild binary of the updated configuration tool for
>windows(graphical version 1.3.1.2)..
>since there is no prebuilt package administration tool, i started building
>the tool from the source..
>But i face so many problems in that..is there any prebuilt admistration tool
>in cvs..
>i want to add a ethernet driver package..
>i spent most of the time in installation of package and tools..
>i am not able to concentrate on actual development work..

I would suggest changing your development environment to linux, if this is
possible for you. My impression is, that most the ecos toolchain and
installation problems result from using Windows as host platform.

So switching to linux means editing ecos configurations by hand, but so you
better know what you are doing, hopefully. Further the unix environment
gives you a lot of very powerfull and conveniant tools for the development
process. Of course, cygwin tries to give you some of the common tools which
are included by default (sic!) in any unix environment.

Final remark, this is just my personal impression. I dont think that using
Linux will solve all problems of the world, but using Linux for ecos
development will make things easier.

Chris

--
Christian Plessl <cplessl@ee.ethz.ch>