Re: redboot info threads problem

> > When i import redboot.ROM it stays off.
> >
> > If it try to turn it on with
> >
> > cdl_option CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR {
> >     user_value 1 GDB_stubs
> > };
> >
> > I get constraint conflicts it cannot resolve.
>
> You definitely need STARTUP=ROM for it to work, otherwise you'll get
> those unresolvable conflicts.

Yes, i have this. My redboot.ROM file has at the end

cdl_component CYG_HAL_STARTUP {
    user_value ROM
};

> How new is your 'ecosconfig' (did you get a new one with 1.4.4)?

Yes.

ecosconfig --version
ecosconfig 1.4.4 (Nov  1 2000 12:30:05)
Copyright (c) 2000 Red Hat, Inc.

> I can send you [privately] a RedBoot to try which I built here, just to
> verify that the thread stuff works as expected.

Thats not so interesting for me. What i want to do is extend redboot
to include the kernel so i can give it much more functionality. Before
i do that i want to be able to compile just plain old redboot. No
point walking until i can crawl.

        Andrew