Re: ConfigTool V.1.3.1 and 1.3.1.2 under Win98

Hi Siegfried,

I am running a "vanilla" edition of the Cygwin ARM tools under Win98SE.

>i have installed the new configtool 1.3.1 on my Win98 and got after building
>the arm-pid library an "virtual memory exhausted" error after the first
>running off arm-elf-gcc. Any idea ?

I'm not sure what arm-pid is, but I have not seen this error even after
running arm-elf-gcc numerous times. (In fact it is running in the
background behind this mail session right now).

Obvious question: have you checked available disk space? How much physical
memory is in the machine? I believe (long time since I was inside this
code) that the VM implementation in Win9x will not expand the pagefile
indefinitely, it will only expand it up to some specific multiple of
installed physical memory.

>After that I have downloaded the latest configtool 1.3.1.2 and execconfig
>1.3.1.2, but configtool hangs after typing "build->library". It also hangs
>after trying to open a bash-shell.

I use the graphical configuration tool. It is not 100% stable but I do not
have this problem. If you have trouble even opening bash, I would suspect a
cygwin problem. I am using Cygwin 1.1.4.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/