Re: ecos cvs problems

Andreas Schuldei wrote:

> I got the up to date cvs snapshot of ecos and configured it (with problems
> with configure: it did not look for libs and includes well, but I fixed that).
>
> make and make installe both worked well.

You mean the host tools? You do know you can download prebuilt versions
from http://sources.redhat.com/anoncvs.html for Windows and linux, or were
you having trouble with those, or are you not on those platforms?

> I exported my ECOS_REPOSITORY and executed
> ecosconfig add CYGPKG_NET
>
> I got a couple of warnings, noticed that I had not added the net-1.0b1.epk
> and did tried that with
> tclsh ecosadmin.tcl add net-1.0b1.epk

Ah. Don't do that :). You can only use the net stuff also from the CVS
source repository. http://sources.redhat.com/anoncvs.html gives
instructions on how to add those. (loosely, cvs checkout net)

> But now it tells me:
> ecosadmin error: package CYGPKG_NET at /home/andi/ecos/ecos/packages/net/tcpip missing
>
> I do not know how to get out of this situation. the database seems to be
> messed up, since I can not do a list or remove or anything with out the system
> stopping with this error.
>
> What should I do?

In the packages directory, do a cvs update. Delete any files that have a
question mark or an M beside them. Then do *another* cvs update.

Then check out the net stuff from cvs as described above.