Re: How do you like eCos

> I'm in a similar boat, we will probably go with one of 3: VxWorks,
> Nucleus or eCos. I've built the kernel (I think!) but now I don't know
> what I can do:
> How do I get my own Apps. in?

Look at the Tutorial section of the documentation.

> Can I simulate it on my dev platform (Linux)?

Yes. Look for references to the Synthetic target. It runs eCos as a
process on Linux.

> Basically, what do I do?

RTM and try it.

> Undocumented does seem to be the problem: I've looked at eCos dev. on
> Linux, a colleague looked at eCos dev. on Windows. Neither of us have
> actually got anywhere yet (probably a couple of weeks of combined
> effort). There comes a point when we give up.

I personaly have not found the documentation too bad. Its terse, but
just about all there. Comming from a Unix background, man pages etc,
im used to it and like it.

When i get a new release i can generaly compile everything from
scratch in half a day. The tool chain takes the longest time. The
limit is disk io, not human. I just follow what i says in the
documentation, plus one ecosconfig import file to make things a little
easier for me.

If you are having realy problems mail to the list. One thing where
eCos differece from VxWorks and Nucleaus etc, is there is a net
community, a bizarre is in opertation and people are working on the
ego.

        Andrew