RE: net-1.0b1.epk is corrupt?

> > Has anyone managed to install the TCP/IP stack? I've downloaded the file a
> > couple of times now, but when I try to install it, I get a message box
> > with the following:

 >Were you able to install the TCP/IP package?  I too am trying to do the
same but i >get the same error. Seems like the file is corrupted.

Hi Anita,

I have not been able to get the config tool to install the .epk. I think it
is something to do with mount points being in text mode.

If I manually mv net-1.0b1.epk net.tar.gz then gunzip net.tar.gz then tar
xvf net.tar, I get the source tree, so the file itself is OK. I think it
will probably work if I copy the sources into the ecos sources directory
and append the package.db or whatever it is to the existing db file.

I don't have a very high level of confidence that any of this is going to
actually work, however, because I don't 100% trust that I have the
toolchain built correctly (the instructions on sources.redhat.com are
simply wrong for ARM Thumb and so the tools I have are for regular ARM
without thumb). I'm still waiting for my eval board to arrive, so I'm
sitting on my hands not able to do very much. Pretty well guaranteed I am
going to miss prototype deadline now, which means nowhere near as much 2001
CES exposure :(

Not very happy right now :(

Surely there is someone else in the universe using eCOS on Cirrus Logic
ARM7T platform?

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Got any Commodore 16 or VIC-20 hardware, cartridges, tapes?
Visit http://www.larwe.com/vintage/
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/