Re: .pool directives and UNMAPPED in ARM

> ??? wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> > I have some question about some code in file "vectors.S" used in ARM architecture.
> >
> > 1. What is the meaning of ".pool" directive?
>
> Hi ???!
>
> >From the GNU assembler info file:
>
> `.ltorg'
>      This directive causes the current contents of the literal pool to
>      be dumped into the current section (which is assumed to be the
>      .text section) at the current location (aligned to a word
>      boundary).
>
> `.pool'
>      This is a synonym for .ltorg.

Thanks your help!!
But still now I don't understand the meaning exactly.
Can you explain more deeply using examples if possible?

> > 2. What is the usage of "UNMAPPED" reset_vector?
>
> I don't understand the question. If you mean why is it UNMAPPED_PTR rather
> than PTR, then this applies for targets with MMUs in which case the
> unmapped (i.e. unrelocated physical) address of the reset vector is what
> needs to go into the reset vector slot, not the mapped (post relocation
> virtual) address.

Yes, That's my question.
But I am sorry too that I can't understand completely why shoud use UNMAPPED_PTR for reset.
Can you explain using any examples?