RE: Kill, Reset, Quit... hangs gdb

On 11-Nov-2000 Fabrice Gautier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When in gdb I try to 'kill', 'reset' or 'quit' gdb/insight hangs.
>
> I suspect this is because gdb/insight wait an ACK packet from the stub after
> sending his kill or reset packet.
>
> Can anybody confirm that?

Yes, it seemt that this is the [truly silly] behaviour.  It turns out
to be benign when connected via serial since the board gets reset and
will respond fairly soon to any GDB protocol stuff coming down the wire.
However, when you're connected on the network, a response will never
come back.   The host side GDB will eventually time out.