Re: Initialization routines take too long?

> It seems that if my first 10ms timer tick occurs before system
> initialization is complete, something gets corrupted and the
> system crashes in various different ways.  I can make the
> problem go away by either printing less diagnostic stuff
> (that's where most of the time goes) in my init routines, or by
> changing the 10ms tick to a larger value.

After some additional testing I've managed to generate one of
the failure modes with a long timer period (no timer interrupt
pending when the scheduler starts).  So it appears not to be
the timer interrupt causing the problem.  There are two other
interrupts pending when the scheduler starts, so it may be one
of those...

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com