Help with i386 gdb serial connection

I have i386 eCos configured to use gdb serial debugging. I have Insight
running on an NT host. Using a serial analyzer, I can see both sides of the
serial connection and it appears that eCos has stopped at an initial
breakpoint I have placed in the test program. However, I can never seem to
get Insight/gdb to actually connect with the eCos target.

Is there some combination of options, build or otherwise, that are necessary
to get a serial gdb debugging session to work? Fabrice, I assume you have
done this. What's the trick??!

TIA,
--Joe