Re: Port to MIPS II, IDT-79RC32334

    Tim> Bart,
    Tim> I have a MIPS gcc compiler from a "company" which supports
    Tim> the IDT part. I will do some research to see if they modified
    Tim> the compiler and associated tools.

I would recommend also checking the vintage of that compiler and
linker. If it is based on sources prior to gcc 2.95.2 or binutils 2.10
it might lack features such as constructor priority ordering or
selective linking.

    Tim> Thanks for the input on the BSP. The "company" has a BSP
    Tim> already, so I was going to move some parts to eCOS as
    Tim> necessary.

Existing working code is always a big help, especially because it
implies that the hardware actually works. There is one possible issue:
if you are thinking about contributing back some of your work and you
incorporate bits of that existing BSP, there could be copyright and/or
licensing problems. Just something to keep in mind.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer