Re: Impossible question ;)

    Richard> I know you'll all hate this, but can anyone lead me to
    Richard> any information/experience they have on memory sizes
    Richard> (minimum, maximum) required for eCos. Lets make the
    Richard> assumption we are utilising some kernel services (for
    Richard> example, semaphores, scheduling and whatever is required
    Richard> to support these services) for a SPARC processor.

If you look through the mailing list archives at
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/
you might find some relevant postings. My normal response is to point
people at
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/1999-10/msg00083.html
which gives some information for the PowerPC architecture. I am afraid
I do not know offhand how the SPARC figures would differ.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer