Re: How to get symbols for vectors.S?

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 07:16:14PM +0100, Bart Veer wrote:

>     <snip>
>
>     Grant> It seems to be the line number info that's missing. The
>     Grant> message from gdb when I step into vectors.S is something
>     Grant> like "stopped at address 0x164 in a file compiled without
>     Grant> debug". I've never had any problems with line info for the
>     Grant> C and C++ files, just the assembly-language files.
>
>     Grant> Someday when I have some spare time...
>
> There was a previous discussion on this topic on ecos-discuss, May
> 17th to May 19th, you might want to check the archives. My
> understanding is that the GNU assembler currently cannot automatically
> add debugging information such as line numbers.

I've never had problems with line number info for other ARM
assembly code.  The "--gstabs" option to arm-elf-as seems to
place line number info into the object file, and gdb finds it
OK.

[off to try to get gcc to pass the "--gstabs" option to the
assembler when vectors.S is "compiled".]

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com