Re: How is the connection to the target board(mbx)with GDB?

> Àå¿øÈ£ wrote:
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C02006.A13E9660
>
> SGkuIA0KDQpJIHdhbnQgdG8ga25vdyBob3cgaXMgdGhlIHNlcmlhbCBjb25uZWN0aW9uIHRvIHRo
> ZSB0YXJnZXQgYm9hcmQgd2l0aCBHREIuDQpJIGRvbid0IHVuZGVyc3RhbmQgdGhlIEdEQiBkb2N1
> bWVudGF0aW9uLg0KU3VtbWVyeSB0byB0aGUgbWV0aG9kLCBwbGVhc2UuDQpJJ20gYWxyZWFkeSBp

Don't post in MIME! If you cannot configure your mail reader to stop being
antisocial, use a different one.

> I want to know how is the serial connection to the target board with GDB.
> I don't understand the GDB documentation.
> Summery to the method, please.
> I'm already installed GDB in my host(window NT) and GDB stub rom.

A summary would be:
Start GDB with:

arm-elf-gdb -nw TESTEXE

where TESTEXE is the full name and path of the program to debug.
"arm-elf-gdb" is the name of the GDB, and you should use a different one
depending on the target you are using (which you didn't say) such as
powerpc-eabi-gdb

(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote com1

You should then probably get output like:
Remote debugging using com1
0x3390 in ?? ()
    at /home/jlarmour/ecc/ecc/kernel/current/src/common/clock.cxx:631
631         pcc->div2 = d2;
Current language:  auto; currently c++

Although the numbers and other details might be different. The point is
that it should return with something.

You can then use the GDB command "load" to load the program, and then
"continue" to run it.

You may need a different serial speed than 38400 - it depends on the target
(which you didn't say)