Re: Re: Problem on allocate PCI memory space...

Nick wrote,

> NUMB_PG is just the number of pairs of 16Mb pages that the code is
> going to set up. As long as it is less than TLBENTRIES, there should
> be no problem.
>
> Actually, I think I've just worked out what the problem may be. The MMU
> setup code is not included at all in RAM startup executables, it is
> only present in the ROM monitor.
>
> So the solution is either to make the change to NUMB_PG and build a
> new stub ROM, or change the ifdefs around hal_mmu_init in platform.inc
> and hal_mmu_setup in platform.S to cause the code to be included in a
> RAM startup configuration.

Hi, Jifl,

Could you please do me a favor? As you may know, I still have trouble to use
my tool chain with "-O2" option. I believe Nick's point is correct, since
the RAM startup code doesn't initlize the MMU. I have tried to include the
hal_mmu_init in the RAM startup code, the progrem just hang somewhere, it is
not so good to initialize the TLB twice, I guess. I think to rebuild the
gdbstub will be a better solution, I hope I can have a optimized stub code,
could you help me build me and send me a gzipped code privately? Thanks a
lot!

Best Regards,
-Ling