Re: trying to build ecosconfig for Solaris 7

    Deborah> I am trying to build ecosconfig for Solaris 7. I found
    Deborah> the reasonable README in tools/src/ which I am following.
    Deborah> This file doesn't give the relative path to the configure
    Deborah> script, but I found one in
    Deborah> tools/src/tools/configtool/standalone/common which I am
    Deborah> using.

    <snip>

You need to build the entire host-side tree and not just ecosconfig,
since the latter relies on various libraries such as libcdl.a. You
should be using the configure script that is in the same directory as
the README file. That will take care of all the required
subdirectories in the appropriate order.

With appropriate care it is possible to use the lower-level configure
scripts, but those are really intended for use only by the
maintainers. The top-level configure script is for general use.

Bart