DSRs

Respected Sir / Madam
  This is Sandeep Rikhi from C-DOT India. I'm woking on
ADSL Modem SW and the RTOS being used is eCos.
I'm very much novice in this area, so some of my
doubts may not be very relevant. I hope you understand.
Thanks !
This is in context of the Interrupt Handling in eCos.
Suppose we configure eCos to allow DSRs and
handle them in a list. Also, Suppose some thread
is executing and there is an interrupt occurance.

Q 1. How is the context switching carried out from
        thread to interrupt handling. Do we manage
        the come-back address etc. through stack
        or registers ?

Q 2. After the ISR part is over and DSR part is left ,
       How exactly do we switch control to the DSR ?

Q3.  Suppose some DSR is deqeued and is being
       executed and there is some interrupt occurance,
       What exactly happens to the status of current
       DSR ? Do we put it in the end of DSR list ?

Finally, In gen., we do not allow system /  kernel calls
  to be made inside interrupt handling, but we do so
in eCos DSRs. How does it affect the functionality &
efficiency of the system.
Thanking You ...

        Sandeep Rikhi
        GET-GCPE Group.
        Switching Division B1,
        Centre for Development of Telematics,
        Millers Road, Bangalore.
        India.
        Ph: (080) 2263399 ext:205/217,2250009,2282119