Re: Makefile dependancies on *~

Andrew Lunn wrote:

> While playing with eCos to add some new functionality i've been
> editing the include files in the repository. This has generated a
> number of emacs *~ files. Some step in the configuration process has
> put depentancies on these *~ files into my makefiles...

[snip]
> Now i've cleaned out all the *~ files make no longer works. Would it
> be possible to add a filter to this process so that it throws out file
> like *~, *.bak, *.orig, *.rej, etc

I'll act as deputy Bart and say that we know the build system can be
improved in many respects, and we intend to rewrite the makefile generation
part at some point when we have time(!).

Out of interest, as a workaround you can rerun "ecosconfig tree" and it
will get rid of the invalid dependencies.