Re: make a program run at powerup on CL_PS7111 board with eCos

Vu Dang wrote:
> 1) How could I change CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_EDBXXX_VARIANT from the EP7211 to the
> CL_PS&111 using eCos configuration tool? I couldn't find the "cirrus Logic
> processor variant" option.

Assuming you are using at least eCos v1.3.1 it should be under "eCos HAL",
"ARM architecture", "Cirrus Logic Development Board", and then it's there
as "Cirrus Logic processor variant".

Or you could use the Edit->Find menu option.

> 2) After I finish with configuring eCos, if I download, for example,
> gdb_module.bin onto the Flash,
>
>   a) what are the differences compared to the case the target board have a
> prebuilt gbd stub (which comes with eCos) on it?

There's a good chance a preloaded GDB stub has been better tested than one
you build. If you don't have any particular reason to rebuild it, it's
probably best not to. But feel free to do so if you do have a reason.

>   b) does it mean that I have a full eCos on my development board (an OS)?

No, what you program into flash (gdb_module.bin) is just a boot loader and
debugging interface to GDB. eCos itself is only included in the application
you build.

> 3) If I want to have a program (my application) run automatically when the
> CL_PS7111 is turn on,
>
>   a) does it mean that I have to build the application and then link it
> with eCos?

Yes.

>   b) if it is, what are steps that I should do?

Choosing ROM startup for your application (in the Cirrus Logic HAL
configuration options in the configuration tool) is the key thing.