Re: Waitin Thread to finish

Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> There is no function in the C API to wait for a thread to finish.
>
> What is the way to do so?

By signalling a condition variable when your thread exits! If eCos tracked
these things for you, it would be to the detriment of everyone since the
support would be there regardless of when it was or wasn't used; when all
eCos would do is the equivalent of what you can do for yourself with
condition variables! And you can do it far more flexibly too.

If you are looking for that type of over-featuredness like, say, from
pthread_join(), then you could wait for the EL/IX work to be merged in
soon[1].

Jifl
[1] I think this is the third time today that I've said stuff will be
merged in soon!