From: "Jonathan Larmour" <jlarmour@redhat.co.uk>
To: <charles@zh.t2-design.com>
Cc: <ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2000 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] diag serial port and debug serial port conflict?

> "Charles F." wrote:
> >
> > Hi. I am working on a ddb-4373 board and it seems have this problem: The
default settings of the diagnostic serial port and the gdb serial port are
both set to use serial port 0 (which is the port A on the 4373 board).
> > It's obvious that the GDB stub has initialized the port 0 and used it to
load my ecos program onto the board. My ecos program, however, stops to
interact with GDB after it tries to initialize its diagnostic serial port
(also
> > serial port 0). The code is in hal_diag.c function hal_duart_init(). If
I delete the line which writes to the port registers or choose to use port 1
as the diagnostic port in the conficuratoin tools, the problem doesn't
exist.
> > (But anyway, I still can't get correct diagnositc output).
> > It seems like that we can't initialize the same port twice when we are
still using it after our first time intialization. Can anybody help me on
this problem? Thank you!

> Are you absolutely sure they are being initialized to the same speed? I
> wouldn't have thought a serial port would just drop dead if initialized
> twice with the same parameters!
>
> Jifl
> --
> Red Hat, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK. CB2 1NS  Tel: +44 (1223)
728762
> "Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow."  ||  These opinions are all my own
fault