Help needed: eCos on NEC vr4300 board.

Hello,

I am trying to set up the environment for debugging NEC VR4373 board.
Unfortunately I met a lot of trouble to make the remote debugging
working..:( Could anyone please help me on following questions,

<1>. I found two files in vr4374 gdbstub directory: .bin and .img, I burned
the .bin into a EEPROM and set the baudrate to 38400, I connect the serial
ports by a direct serial cable. In gdb, when I try to connect to remote
target... It complains three times, "ignore packet error, continuing..." and
at last failed with an error message "Malformed response to offset query.
timeout"... Did I do anything wrong.. Did I burn the correct gdb stub?

<2>. Can I use Ethernet instead of serial port on vr4373?

<3>. Is there a CygMon avaibliable for vr4373?

Thanks a lot! and please help me.

Regards,
-Ling