How to compile a new package

Hi, everyone:

         I want to add a new package to ecos, a package of vrc4373 device
driver. But unfortunately, I meet some problems, can some one do me a
favor to solve it?

         I modified the file ecos.db to add my package, and then edit a
cdl file to describe the package, all these seem work well. When I compile
it in the ecos configuration tool , I gat following error messages:

make -r -C drivers/v1_3_1 build
make[1]:*** No rule to make target 'src/kdbmouse.o.d'. needed by
'libextros.a.stamp.' Stop.
make:***[build] error 2

         What is the meaning of no rule to make kbdmuse.o.d from
kbdmouse.c(the first file of my new package)? It seems that the added
package need some makefiles to describe how to compile it.  While I find
that in other packages there are no makefiles too, so how  the ecos
configuration tool compile these packkages and generate makefiles for
them?
         Many thanks!