Re:

"amassa@cts.com" wrote:
> I all of the tests from the ecos configuration program and found that the
> intr0.exe was the only one that would consistently fail.  Do you know what
> could cause this?
>
> Occasionally, I would get a message:
>
> Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
>
> What does this message mean?

It means the CPU tried to run an instruction that isn't a real instruction.
Is it repeatable? It may indicate a hardware memory corruption problem if
it is random.

> Then I ran the twothreads example on my MBX target board and it seems like
> it ran through the two threads once and then tried to exit the program.  The
> output is below.  I can't seem to get the example programs to run properly.
> Do you know why the threads may be descheduling and the program exiting?
>
> Entering twothreads' cyg_user_start() function
> Beginning execution; thread data is 0
> Beginning execution; thread data is 1
>
> Breakpoint 1, __libc_exit (status=286326805) at
> //D/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/language/c/libc/v1_3_1/src/stdlib/exit.cxx:82
> Current language:  auto; currently c++

You have a breakpoint set on "exit", but since the twothreads program
doesn't have a "main", the default libc-defined main is run instead, and
that just calls exit straight away.

Simply don't set a breakpoint on exit and forget about it :-).