IDE/ATAPI/FS info?

A little off topic, but I have a few questions:

1. Anyone have uC source for communicating with an ATAPI CDROM drive and
reading it's contents?  I have a document for an IDE interface (software
and hardware), and I have plenty of links for the ATAPI spec... but has
anyone already done this for another project?

2. One step further -- anyone have source/specs for reading
any of the common FS formats on an IDE drive?  I would prefer ext2fs
or any of the dos/win formats... if necessary, I'll probably just use
the linux source as a guide and convert it to whatever uC I decide
to use.

Any links or suggestions would be appreciated!

Regards,
Brett

[brhackle@eos.ncsu.edu]