Re: Anon cvs problem.

    Sergei> I've re-build the 'ecosconfig' from anon cvs and now it
    Sergei> works fine for me. Maybe it is interesting for you to know
    Sergei> that my Linux installation is Debian 2.2, and I had
    Sergei> trouble running 'configure' because Tcl installation
    Sergei> directories are '/usr/lib/tcl8.2' and
    Sergei> '/usr/include/tcl8.2'. It seems that there is no way to
    Sergei> specify this combination of Tcl include and library
    Sergei> directories with current 'configure' scripts. I just
    Sergei> edited the 'configure' scripts to make it work. Apparently
    Sergei> that's because RH Linux has different directory structure.

    Sergei> Surprisingly that was the only problem building eCos host
    Sergei> tools on unsupported platform :-)

Interesting, I have not seen that directory organization before.

In the case of the library files and the tclsh and wish executables,
what normally happens in Tcl releases is that e.g. libtcl.a gets
installed as libtcl8.2.a, and there is a symbolic link from libtcl.a
to the most recent installed version. That allows multiple releases of
Tcl to co-exist, useful for developers, yet by default you always get
the most recent version. The configure script has a --with-tcl-version
option to support this.

I do not know why the Debian folks have deviated from this scheme.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer