Re: Cygwin Setup

"amassa@cts.com" wrote:
> I'm a little pressed for hard drive space so I was wondering what
> can be eliminated from the cygwin install after ecos is installed and
> running.  After cygwin is installed and the processor specific (for me
> powerpc) tools are built, do I still need any of the cygwin stuff or do I
> just need the tools created in the /cygwin/tools directory?

Firstly, don't forget you can delete the .tar.gz files that the cygwin
setup downloaded.

You do need some of the cygwin tools to develop with eCos.

There are probably some things you can delete though (as long are you're
sure of course :-)). If you aren't going to do any native cygwin
development, you can delete gcc.exe, gdb.exe, as.exe and ld.exe from the
cygwin\bin directory, and delete the cygwin\lib\gcc-lib and
cygwin\usr\i686-pc-cygwin directories entirely.

You can probably also delete the text formatting tools troff.exe, pic.exe,
eqn.exe and tbl.exe - they are quite large.

There's also cygwin\usr\info and cygwin\usr\man which contain just
documentation.

That should give you another 40MB or so.

If you delete a cygwin thing you shouldn't, you can get everything back
again by just rerunning the setup program - but that really will bring back
everything!