Re: GDB stubs / MIPS ISA I

>>>>> "Jurica" == Jurica Baricevic <jura@INTESIS.hr> writes:

Jurica> breakpoint. So, it seems that debugged program is always on
Jurica> the first breakpoint and it is not possible to step through
Jurica> the rest of the code.

Could be that caches are not handled properly, so when the stub tries
to single step it hits the existing breakpoint.

In mips-stub.c there are some commented out diag_printf statements
that can help you figure out what is going wrong.

Jurica> P.S.  If you are interested in compatibility problems I found
Jurica> in '/mips/arch/...'  I can say that they are related to not
Jurica> respecting the MIPS ISA I load delay slot.
[snip]
Jurica> What is the best way to avoid this kind of incompatibilities?

Something for Nick to reply to - but I suspect it's due to all the
existing MIPS variants introduce delays in hardware if the register
content is not ready when attempted used.

If you send a patch with MIPS I compatibility fixes, I'm sure they
would be accepted almost immediately.

Jesper