RE: Problem while watching the variables!

On 29-Apr-00 Shaik Bajeed wrote:
> Hi!
>
>       I am working with ecos 1.3.1 in both Linux 6.1 and
> Win-NT 4.0 (Service Pack 4) environments. The problem i am
> facing in both the environments is when i tried to watch the
> value of any variable in GDB(remote debugging using mbx
> board), it is saying
>
> cannot access memory at address 0x11110019
>
> Anyway Location is not unique for all the variables. It is
> giving different locations for different variables.
>
>       After plenty of efforts, i could not able to get rid
> of this error, could any one of you provide solution for
> this problem.

Two things to look at:
 * On the MBX (PowerPC especially), disable the option
   CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM as this is known to
   confuse GDB [sometimes].
 * The message above looks like you were trying to watch a variable's
   "value" not location.  Just make sure you specify the watch carefully.

Hope it helps.