Re: size sanity-check

On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 02:25:15PM -0700, Paul Kinzelman wrote:

> I tried compiling a few different clib calls and it looks like it links in
> only the functions it needs. Any way to find out how big the clib is
> approximately without compiling with all the function calls?

Why do you want to know the size of the entire library?  All that matters is
the size of the parts you use.

The set of kernel and clib code that I use in my ARM application take a
total of about 40-50K of memory (totoal of text, data, and bss).  Serial and
Ethernet drivers add another 20-50K (depends a lot on how big you configure
the buffers).

> Also, any idea how big the tcpip stack is?

In my ARM configuration it's about 120K of text and a bit over 128K of bss.
The default is to use a bit over 256K of bss. If you're going to do TCP/IP,
I would plan on a minimum of 256K ROM and 256K RAM.  That's not leaving a
huge amount of memory for application code, so you'll have to adjust upwards
for large applications.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com