Re: Memory layout of ARM AEB evaluation board

Anders> Hi...  I am having problem downloading large programs to the
Anders> ARM AEB evaluation board (revision C). According to the
Anders> documenation this board has the following memory layout :

[snip Angel memory layout]

You realize that the memory layout used by the eCos stub is different,
right?  The eCos memory layout is described by the .ldi file.

Anders> We are trying to fit our program into the "User code and data"
Anders> section. We have reserved 0x8000-0xC000 of this section for
Anders> the GDB stub which seems to work correctly. However when we
Anders> try to download a big program from 0xC000 to 0x0003 3000 the
Anders> download procedure always crashes when we reach approx 0x0002
Anders> 8000. Does anyone know if this is a crucial section for
Anders> e.g. the GDB stub?

If you did not set the platform revision to C
(CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_AEB_REVISION), only 0-0x28000 gets mapped during
eCos/stub startup and any access to memory above that region causes a
crash.

Jesper