Re: tcp_sink/source/echo byte ordering

Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> writes:
> The three network programs tcp_echo, tcp_sink, and tcp_source
> will only inter-operate if all three hosts have the same byte
> order.  Adding a few htonl() and ntohl() macros when
> manipulating the "params" struct fixes things.
>
> Attached are my fixed sources for the three.  (I also fixed
> some gcc warnings in source/sink).

Thanks for those, I have merged them into the eCos trunk, so they should
re-emerge into the light when next the anoncvs world is updated.  (Actually
only tcp_echo required some merging of the surrounding stuff, the others
just copied).

> Next time I'll send patches instead of entire files, but it's
> Monday, I don't have the original source tree around, and I

No worries....

> have to leave right now and go waste my lunch hour to renew my
> driver's license...

You can't be 70 already!  Oh sorry, license with an 'S', my mistake ;-)

Thanks again,

	- Huge

--
The 20th Century brought unprecedented increases in worldwide numeracy and
literacy and incredible advances in technology, science and mathematics.