Re: eCos Device Driver reorganization

To followup on Hugo's mail with some specific details for the
watchdog/wallclock drivers:

>The situation currently is that we have
>    devs/wallclock/current/include/common_stuff...
>    devs/wallclock/current/src/PLATFORMY_STUFF
>				     # all one dir, BAD
>    devs/watchdog/current/include/common_stuff...
>    devs/watchdog/current/src/PLATFORMY_STUFF
>				      # all one dir, BAD
>Here's how we assign more meaning to the english names of the dirs:
>
>    net: network, common stuff.  Not the drivers.
>    io: io, common stuff, not the drivers.
>	 Including common PCI and serial stuff.
>    devs: device drivers (in the crufty bit twiddling sense)

So we clearly need a reorg. I have a suggestion below, but I'm a bit
in two minds over where to put the common stuff and emulated devices.

Problem being that neither wallclock or watchdog really do any IO (so
putting them in the io/ hierarchy seems wrong). On the other hand, for
consistency's sake, I think the common parts and APIs belong in the
io/ hierarchy and the drivers (real and emulated) in the devs/
hierarchy.

So:
    io/wallclock/current/...
    io/watchdog/current/...
                          # Public APIs, common code, and tests.

    devs/wallclock/emulated/src/wallclock.cxx
    devs/wallclock/ARCH/PLATFORM/current/src/PLATFORM_wallclock.cxx
    devs/watchdog/emulated/src/watchdig.cxx
    devs/watchdog/ARCH/PLATFORM/current/src/PLATFORM_watchdog.cxx
                           # all separate components, GOOD

The conversion of these drivers should also happen within a couple of
weeks.

Jesper