RE: Interrupt arbitration on MPC555

Bob> The point I am trying to make is : if you write a general arbiter
Bob> for toucan, tpu, mios, sci etc ..., these will only work fine for
Bob> priorities lower than 7. If two devices are assigned priorities
Bob> above 6, you should be able to connect more than one arbiter on
Bob> level 7

You should be to achieve this by enabling interrupt chaining -
arbiters would be called in sequence and should Do The Right
Thing(TM).

I think it would probably impact performance a bit though (to enable
global interrupt chaining). It might be desirable to add a (suitably
hacked up) chaining-handler to level 7 and register the toucan, tpu,
etc, with this chaining handler. It would call each of those arbiters
in turn.

Did that make any sense?

Jesper