ARM AEB-1 Rev C Memory Usage

Hi,

This is probably a very elementary question, however, I can't seem to find
out what I need
through the docs on the Web.

I have the ARM AEB-1C board here and I've been playing with eCos (from the
CVS tree) on it.
As far as I can tell, there are two places where the memory map is defined
for the
AEB-1C target: ie.
ecos-1.2.1/packages/hal/arm/aeb/current/include/hal_platform_setup.h and
ecos-1.2.1/packages/hal/arm/arch/current/src/arm.ld

It is my impression that these files are mostly responsible for the
generation of the
various mlt_arm_aebC*.* files.

Looking through the mlt* files, first I am curious about the fact that the
size of the RAM is
described as 0x48000 when in fact it is 0x40000. Where does the extra 32 k
come from?

My real question is, however, how do I access all the memory available on
the board?
I can't seem to access any memory above 0x20000... (I've never seen anything
above that
address running in the debugger, and malloc() fails to get memory even
though it should be free...)

Do I have to use to cyg_mempool* commands to use this or am I doing
something fundamentally
wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Srdjan Sobajic