Re: I/O driver lookup handler: read/write mode

"Masaki Sawanobori" <masaki@zentek.com> writes:

> Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> > Using cyg_io_get_config() after the cyg_io_lookup() would seem a better
> > approach.
>
> This would be fine, too; in this case,  the changes could be done locally in
> the fopen code and would not affect the existing I/O device driver model.
> But I like the other approach better since using cyg_io_get/set_config()
> would seem to divide the task unnecessarily into two separate functions
> which should  be done in cyg_io_lookup() as a unit.

I think that this is probably the best route for you to take at
present. We are in the process of developing a full filesystem
interface specification that will do what you need. I don't want you
to spend too much time trying to squeeze your code into the current
structure when things are going to change for the better in the
future.

Of course you have sources and can so what you want with them! But the
fewer changes you have to make to the distribute sources, and the more
you concentrate in your own code, the easier it will be for you to
take new versions.

--
Nick Garnett           mailto:nickg@cygnus.co.uk
Cygnus Solutions, UK   http://www.cygnus.co.uk