RE: Why "Spurious Interrupt" complaint?

> eCOS is complaining intermittantly about recieving an interrupt from
> the on-board timer that's used by the kernel:
>
>    Spurious Interrupt!!! - vector: 12, data: 0
>
> This is happenning occasionally when I run the kernel test program
> clock1 -- about half of runs product this error; the other half pass.
> eCOS started the timer and unmasked the interrupt, and then complained
> when it got an interrupt?
>
> Target: Samsung ks32c5000 SNDS eval board (ARM7TDMI).
>
> Clues?

Do you power-cycle or reset the board between running the tests?  We have
seen this kind of problem before between running tests when the board is not
reset correctly after running a test.  The previous test leaves some state
behind which the following test pick up on.

The worst case is that the board can crash when you download to it (because
you end up over-writing code & vectors that are currently in use :-/

HTH
-- Alex