Re: building gcc-2.95.1 for eCos 1.2.1

Let's forget about gcc for a second.  Have you verfied
that you can assemble and link a small program and
then load/run it with gdb? Something trivial that just
loads values into registers, reads/writes a few bytes
of RAM?
------------------------------------
Yes, I built a sample app and it compiles fine using
eCos's arm-elf-gcc.  I was then able to load it to my
ARM evaluation board and run it with arm-elf-gdb
without any problems.

-------------------------------------

If you're going to be running an embedded system with
eCOS, then you don't need glibc -- all you need is
gcclib.
-------------------------------------
All the documentation I found on building an ARM-Linux
cross toolchain told me to build glibc.  I read your
recommendations for building gcc as a cross compiler
and am about to try them.

--------------------------------

If you try to build libio, libiberty, or glibc for the
ARM target, you're going to have to have a whole set
of header files configured for the ARM target.  If
you're going to be running eCOS, then you aren't going
to have an OS that supports those libraries -- so
don't try to build them
---------------------------------------
I am guessing that this is the problem.  As I
mentioned before, I have built gcc-2.95.1 and
glibc-2.1.2 for an ARM-Linux target.  The compiler
seemed like it was able to compile alright but the
arm-elf-gdb didn't seem to like the file.

I will try to build the compiler again with only
gcclib.  However, the reason I am building this
compiler is because I want to be able to use gcj, am I
going to come across probelms with libgcj?

Thanks,

Atsumi

=====